Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Marble Stone Jewellery Nail Tutorial

Hey everyone!

Do you still remember my OMD Challenge Day 27 - Jewellery? Here is the picture to remind you in case you forget.


I'm surprised that so many people love this manicure since the OMD challenge up until now. So I decided to make a tutorial detailing how I do it. I'm so excited in typing this post because this is my first nail tutorial post. Well, because it IS my first attempt in doing nail tutorial, I hope it won't turn into a pretty big mess.

WHAT YOU NEED
 - White polish (I used Konad Regular Polish White)
- Your base color polish (I used OPI Mermaid's Tears)
- Silver or gold polish (I don't have any so I used NYX Sunday Afternoon)
- Black polish (I used OPI I Only Date Werewolves)
- Parfume or any other alcohol-based spray
- Sponge
- Striping brush
- Cup (any cup will do as long as it fits when you dip your fingers in it) filled with room temperature filtered water

STEP 1
 Paint your nails with your base color polish.

STEP 2
Make the gradient with white polish and your base color using a sponge. The white gradient will create a highlight on your nails to make an illusion of shiny stone jewellery.

STEP 3
Prepare your black polish, parfume or any alcohol-based spray, and a cup filled with water.
Drop two or three drops of black polish and then spray spray spraaay
(Well, it's not as good as my first attempt --" I kinda fail this time)
Dip your nails.
(See? It's not quite good --")
(So I redo the process to make it looks... better?)
Don't worry if you make mistakes because for this effect I think the messier the better.

STEP 4
After your nails all dry, prepare your silver or gold polish and your stripping brush.
Then border your nails.

STEP 5
Smooth the edges by adding curves. 
Just simply follow your nail shape for the border.

Last, apply top coat.
AND IT'S DONE!!



Well, that's all guys. I hope you enjoyed my first nail tutorial.
(I'm sorry if I made mistakes in this tutorial.)

Aren't you interested in trying? If you are, share your re-creation with me by leaving your link on the comment below!! :D

God bless you
Love, Victoria
(o.o)V

No comments:

Post a Comment